Leaders DO Make a Difference for Your Company
- Low performing employees cost your company money. Leaders can increase the bottom line.
- Quality talent stays when they see a strong career path.
One way to stay competitive is retaining engaged employees.
Employees who don’t believe they can achieve their career goals with a current employer are:
12X more likely to consider leaving. With new employees, the number skyrockets to about
30X more likely to consider leaving.
Millennials Matter They are 18 -36 years old this year and many aspire to be or already are managers.
Millennials made up 53.5% of the workforce in 2015 (Pew Research)
They feel unprepared.
How to start a Leadership Development program:
- Make learning part of the organization’s strategic success.
- Use required training activities to prove the value of learning by making it worthwhile and interesting for learners.
- Use onboarding programs to encourage employees to take personal responsibility for learning and to show the organization’s commitment to development. The recruits can hit the ground running.
- Help them learn by putting them to work on real business problems.
- Incorporate incentives and opportunities into every learning and performance management process.
- Have the performance management processes give at least equal weight to coaching and development (given internally and frequently by managers and leaders.)
What is your plan for growing leaders in your company?
Email me, Ann Meacham, president of Leadership Dynamics firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up for a Free Leadership Strategy Session
Trackback from your site.