Managing scope creep in Project Management is achievable.
7 Tips for Preventing Scope Creep
1. Be sure you thoroughly understand the project vision. Meet with the client and deliver an overview of the project.
2. Understand your priorities and the priorities of the client. Consider budget, deadline, feature delivery, customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction.
3. Ensure that your person in charge of the project is clear on expectations – both from you and the client. Check in with this person periodically to provide clarification and support.
4. Outline your deliverables – keep them general.
5. Define the requirements – set the details and a manageable schedule.
6. Break the project down into major and minor milestones.
7. Expect that there will be scope creep. Implement change order forms early and educate the project drivers on your processes. Frequently communicate with the client.
Be thorough in setting expectations, budgets and timelines. That way, you are in a better position to control your project, instead of your project controlling you.
We can work on this together. Call me at 860-788-504. firstname.lastname@example.org
Trackback from your site.